Сейчас действительно идёт Israel Apartheid Week (apartheidweek.org/)
This week, campuses and communities across the country are hosting anti-Israel events as part of Israel Apartheid Week. Jewish National Fund (JNF) is on the front lines – we not only support our homeland, we are also a target!
The campaign to delegitimize Israel is growing. It is vital to be prepared, to debunk the rhetoric and counter the lies and most importantly, to stand up and be proud to support the Jewish State of Israel.
JNF is proud of our history as the first Zionist organization founded 108 years ago by Theodor Herzl to legally purchase the land that in 1948, under a United Nations declaration, became the Jewish State of Israel.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Israeli officials have been shouted down and heckled by American students and other protesters. This occurred this past month to Israeli Ambassador to the U.S. Michael Oren.
- Former Israeli Knesset member Effie Eitam also received this treatment as he traveled across the country as part of JNF’s Caravan for Democracy program. Protestors had to be removed from the meetings.
- Anti-Zionist groups are calling for a rejection of JNF and the dissolution of the Jewish State of Israel.
Here’s what JNF is doing:
- Sending more than 300 college students and young professionals to Israel over the next few weeks for week-long community service trips as part of our Alternative Spring Break program. JNF continues to keep the next generation connected to Israel.
- Sending 25-35 Taglit-Birthright Israel buses to Israel each year.
- Partnering with Scholars for Peace in the Middle East to develop effective responses to anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist distortions that poison debate.
- Sending hundreds of high school students to the Alexander Muss High School in Israel program annually.
- Creating positive dialogue on American university campuses with our Caravan for Democracy (CFD) program. Since 2002, JNF has sponsored 289 programs on 95 campuses with 74 speakers, engaging more than 74,000 students in pro-Israel conversations. Since 2004, the High School edition of CFD has prepared more than 15,000 high school juniors and seniors for the anti-Israel sentiments they will face on college campuses.
These programs create true discourse at schools across the U.S.