Забодали на работе. Ну, серьёзно, столько давления со всех сторон и Miss Communication, slipping deadlines, disgruntled employees.
Developement (us) versus Business (client), with me between a rock and a hard place.
- (biz) We need it Yesterday!
- (dev) They don't really need this feature, they really need this other one, which, incidentally, is the one we can deliver.
- (biz) You said you would have it done on the 10th, but possibly on the 3rd. It's the 4th now, how come it's not working yet?
- (dev) Did we say we would have it done on the 10th? Well, the 10th of January, not December.
- (biz) Can't you just skip the testing part - we trust that you won't make any mistakes, and we'll have it ready sooner.
- (dev) The testing period - it was for development anyways, "testing" really means "debugging".
- (biz) You asked for progress updates - well, silence is a sign of lack of progress.
- (dev) We were supposed to be in production today, but... can we change the requirements now, to match what we just realized we can actually do?
- (biz) We were supposed to be in production today, but... can we change the requirements now, to match what we just realized we actually want?
Dilbert-land. Office Space.
2 reasons I have not blown up yet: 1) working from home today gives me the ability to hide my facial expressions behind the still controlled voice and keyboard; and 2) having a few key people who I completely trust and who trust me in key positions... Ahhh, those life-long work relationships, how lucky I've been so far - having someone close say "they fucked up ... he is such a moron ... fart ... you were too nice in your email, you should've said: "you guys are the boneheads here"